On the 23 October we held our first training session for the 2018/19 Season and it was a blast with 94 people coming out to Victoria Park to experience Tiny Tots, Tiger Cubs and Athletics with us.
There was training for every age and we are already planning our next fun and engaging session. Training is held every Tuesday over term and begins at 5pm for every Age Group:
Thank you to everyone who came along especially our Coaches Debra, Fiona, Caitlyn, Jess, Rose and Steve. Photos are available on Facebook.
The 2018/19 Summer Track and Field season starts in October. Registrations for both Little Athletics and Red Track Athletics (AACT) are now being accepted by Yass Athletics.
Over winter, the Yass Little Athletics Centre voted at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) to affiliate with Ginninderra Athletics Club in Canberra.
The partnership has many benefits to members living in the Yass Valley District including:
- Tuesday afternoons at Victoria Park the focus will be on core skill development for all ages (no measuring or timing) with support from qualified coaches;
- Tiny Tots will be offered to 3-4 year olds at Victoria Park;
- On Track development programs for 5 to 7 year olds will be provided on a Tuesday;
- Members wanting regular competition can travel to Canberra and participate at Charnwood Oval as part of their Yass Athletics membership;
- Older athletes can train at Ginninderra too on a Tuesday and Thursday after school;
- Members of the club can join the UC Athletics Academy’s development pathway program;
- More serious members can participate as a Ginninderra Athlete at Red Track Meets at the AIS or Woden on a Saturday afternoon over summer;
- NSW Active Kids vouchers accepted for registration;
- a free uniform for anyone wanting to participate in Canberra; and
- Coaching and Officiating assistance to anyone looking to develop their own skills in this area.
For more information please contact us.
Join Yass Athletics
Active Kids program