On the 23 October we held our first training session for the 2018/19 Season and it was a blast with 94 people coming out to Victoria Park to experience Tiny Tots, Tiger Cubs and Athletics with us.
There was training for every age and we are already planning our next fun and engaging session. Training is held every Tuesday over term and begins at 5pm for every Age Group:
Thank you to everyone who came along especially our Coaches Debra, Fiona, Caitlyn, Jess, Rose and Steve. Photos are available on Facebook.
Yass Public School entered two teams in the recent Primary Schools Team Challenge held at Ginninderra Athletics in Canberra on the 15th September 2018.
The Boys and Girls teams were amongst 23 school teams vying for over $4500 in prizes for their schools.
Both teams did very well with the Girls finishing second overall and the Boys just missing the podium in fourth. The Girls Team Challenge 2nd Place prize was $750 – Sponsored by Audi Centre Canberra.
In the individual events Yass also did very well with the Boys team winning the High Jump and coming third in the Two-minute distance challenge events. The Girls did equally as well with a silver in the Elimination 1000m and two bronze places in the Medley Relay and the 2x300m Relay. Each athlete in the team received a commemorative Commonwealth Games Relay Baton as their individual award.
The next Schools Teams Event is the ACT Schools Nitro Competition. Each school can submit three age group teams that complete in event challenges that require teams to work together in this unique nationwide competition. Teams will compete across a variety of track and field events.
The summer Athletics season registration is now open and anyone in the Yass Valley are invited to come along and give us a go this season.
Primary School Athletics Team Challenge
Community Sports Gala Day – 15 September 2018
Ginninderra Athletics raises the bar for Community Sport
The 2018/19 Summer Track and Field season starts in October. Registrations for both Little Athletics and Red Track Athletics (AACT) are now being accepted by Yass Athletics.
Over winter, the Yass Little Athletics Centre voted at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) to affiliate with Ginninderra Athletics Club in Canberra.
The partnership has many benefits to members living in the Yass Valley District including:
- Tuesday afternoons at Victoria Park the focus will be on core skill development for all ages (no measuring or timing) with support from qualified coaches;
- Tiny Tots will be offered to 3-4 year olds at Victoria Park;
- On Track development programs for 5 to 7 year olds will be provided on a Tuesday;
- Members wanting regular competition can travel to Canberra and participate at Charnwood Oval as part of their Yass Athletics membership;
- Older athletes can train at Ginninderra too on a Tuesday and Thursday after school;
- Members of the club can join the UC Athletics Academy’s development pathway program;
- More serious members can participate as a Ginninderra Athlete at Red Track Meets at the AIS or Woden on a Saturday afternoon over summer;
- NSW Active Kids vouchers accepted for registration;
- a free uniform for anyone wanting to participate in Canberra; and
- Coaching and Officiating assistance to anyone looking to develop their own skills in this area.
For more information please contact us.
Join Yass Athletics
Active Kids program